Admission Guide 2024
- 1）Who completed more than 12 years of school education (high school, equivalent to high school, or higher level)
- 2）Less than 2 years of study gaps after graduation from the last education
*In case of 2 years or more study gap after the last education, reasons and personal background are required
- 3）Who has the Japanese Language ability such as JLPT N5, equivalent to JLPT N5, or higher level
- 4）Who has a strong will for study and has positive student behavior
Class Morning Class Afternoon Class 1st period 9:00 – 9:45 1:10 – 1:55 2nd period 9:50 – 10:35 2:00 – 2:45 3rd period 10:45 – 11:30 2:55 – 3:40 4th period 11:35 – 12:20 3:45 – 4:30
Class time: 45 minutes per class
1 day: 4 lectures
5 days a week: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thu, and Fri
Tuition Fee (Regular Course)
Unit: JPY (Including tax)
|Admission・Period||Semester||Screening fee||Enrollment fee||Tuition fee||Text book cost||Utility fee||Extra
|Total||Total Tuition fee|
|1st year||35,200||55,000||666,600||30,800||28,600||22,000||1st year||838,200||1,504,800|
|2nd year||666,600||2nd year||660,000|
（1 year 9 months）
|1st year||35,200||55,000||666,600||30,800||28,600||22,000||1st year||838,200||1,338,150|
|2nd year||499,950||2nd year||499,950|
（1 year 6 months）
|1st year||35,200||55,000||666,600||30,800||28,600||22,000||1st year||838,200||1,171,500|
|2nd year||333,300||2nd year||333,300|
- Refund Policy is as follows. We follow the “Rules for refund” from Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education.
- ◇In case that you don’t apply for an entry visa to the Embassy after getting “Certificate of Eligibility”
→All payments except Screening fee and Enrollment fee will be refund after confirming that you returned “Certificate of Eligibility” and “Admission Letter”.
- ◇In case that you don’t get an entry visa from the Japan Embassy
→All payments except Screening fee and Enrollment fee will be refund after verifying you’re refused and return the “Admission Letter”.
- ◇In case that you decline to be get admitted before you come to Japan
→All payments except Screening fee and Enrollment fee will refund after confirming that you return the “Admission Letter”.
- ◇In case that you decline admission due to your own reason or in case that you drop out after coming to Japan
→Screening fee and Enrollment fee are not refunded. As a general rule, tuition fee and other payments are not refunded either. But in case of unavoidable circumstances such as a political change, accidents, or diseases, we will deal with each case appropriately based on the rules of this school.
- ◇In case of expulsion for acting against the law or school regulations
→We are not able to give you a refund.
*Sharing an apartment with 3 or 4 students
Unit: JPY (Including tax)
|Item||Dorm fee||Deposit||Dorm Entry fee||Bedding & key|
|Cost||42,000JPY /month||25,000JPY /1st time only||40,000JPY /1st time only||8,800JPY /1st time only|
- ✔ Equipped with WIFI
- ✔ Funiture and appliances are included.
- ✔ Dorm Entry fee is not refunded.
- ✔ Please pay the dormitory fee for 6 months at the time of the first deposit.
- ✔ Utilities are included in the dormitory fee up to 8,000 yen per month.When your utilities exceed 8,000 JPY, we will charge you the excess).
- ✔ If you do not want to enter the dormitory, let us know at the interview. Students who meet the following conditions do not have to live in the dormitory.
- ① You must submit two contact information of your guarantor.*
- ② You must live in a place within the range approved by our school.
- *A guarantor must be a teacher of your agent living in Japan, a foreigner with a working visa, or a working adult living in Japan. Students and friends are not allowed.
- *If the school makes a comprehensive judgment and deems it inappropriate, you have to live in the dormitory.
1）a set of Application Forms for Admission
Admission form, Reason for Studying in Japan, Health Certificate
(Prescribed Form provided by the school)
2）Copy of your passport
Copy of your passport or Copy of your national ID showing your name, nationality, date of birth, and sex
3）Graduation Certificate and Academic Transcript
*From the last education
Submit the original
4）Documents showing your present status
Running students → Certificate of Enrollment
Employed → Certificate of Employment
Unemployed → Resignation Certificate
5）Documents certifying your Japanese language skills
Certificate and Score Report from JLPT, NAT-TEST, TOP-J, or others
6）Certificate of Japanese language learning
Issued by Japanese language school or educational institute
*Some items are required on it.
7）Documents showing your family structure
Family register book (including all family members)
8）Documents certifying the relationship between Financial Supporter and Student
Birth Certificate, Certificate of Relationship, or others
9）Letter of Support
Prescribed Form provided by the school
10）Certificate of bank balance
Covering student’s full tuition fee and life expenses while living in Japan
*In case of 2 years course, it’s equivalent of 2.5 million JPY
11）Copy of bank book
Bank statement of last 3 years issued by the same bank as Certificate of bank balance
*If it is difficult to prove your fund formation by your bank statements, it is necessary to prepare the Fund Formation Letter separately.
12）Certificate of Employment
General Employee → Certificate of Employment
General Manager or Chairperson of a company → Copy of corporate registration
Private Business → Copy of the company’s business permit
13）Certificate of Income, Tax Certificate
For last 3 years
14）Document showing family structure
If this document is as same as that of “For Student No. 07”, no need to submit.
For his/her Financial Supporter
Flow of Procedures
*refer to the below
|～15th November||～15th February||～15th May||①|
|Beginning of December||Beginning of March||Beginning of June||②|
of the Results
|End of February||End of May||End of August||③|
|Arrival||Beginning of April||Beginning of July||Beginning of October||⑥ ⑦|
- ①Receiving applications and preparing essential documents for application procedure
- ②Submitting the documents to Immigration Office（We submit them on behalf of students）
- ③Announcement of application results by Immigration Office and Issuance of the “Certificate of Eligibility” (School will ask you to complete the payment)
- ④Payment of tuition (After confirming your payment, we will send the “Certificate of Eligibility” and the “Admission Letter”）
- ⑤Apply for visa in Embassy or Consulate General of Japan and book an air ticket (After confirming your flight number, please let us know)
- ⑥Arrival (When arriving at Japan airport, please get your Residence Card and also apply for the “Permission to engage in activity other than that permitted under status of residence previously granted”)
- ⑦Placement Test, Orientation, and Entrance Ceremony
- ①How many times can I enroll in a year?
It is 3 times a year: April session (2 years course), July session (1 year and 9 months course), and October session (1 year and 6 months course). You can study Japanese for up to 2 years.
- ②How many hours of lessons are there per day?
Classes are operated on a two-shift system, morning and afternoon shift.
Both shifts have four classes (about 4 hours). Beside regular class, there are also preparation courses and supplementary classes for various exams.
- ③From which counties the students are from?
We have students from 12 countries around the world.
Multinational students have enrolled from China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar, Indonesia, India, Philippine, Cambodia, Cameroon, Uzbekistan, Korea, and so on. Everyone understands each other’s culture and enjoys learning Japanese.
- ④I want to know the period of Short Course.
The period of Short Course is usually for not more than 2 weeks to 3 months. In addition to learning Japanese, the social tour and extracurricular activities are also available in this course. There are lots of students who have applied for the long course after finishing the short course.
*Short course students are not permitted to do part-time job by law.
- ⑤How much is the cost of living per month?
The cost of living is 70,000 to 80,000 yen on an average of a month, including dormitory fee, food costs, and others. When you come to Japan, it is safe to prepare about 200,000 yen for cost of living for about 3 months.
- ⑥Do you have the student dormitory?
Yes, KILS has dormitory system. The dormitory is 15 to 20 minutes far from the school by bicycle. It is very convenient because there are supermarkets, convenience store, and hospitals are available at neighborhood.
- ⑦Could I get your support when looking for a part-time job?
We provide guidance on how to write Japanese resume and attend an interview. We also help the students look for a part-time job. International students are allowed to work under designated criteria. The part-time job for international students is limited to 28 hours per week, so please be careful it should not make disturbance in your studies.
- ⑧If I get sick, what should I do?
You can feel safe here because the interpreter staffs will accompany while you need care and need to go hospital. When you feel sick or get injured, please let us know.